Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Wedding on a Budget: 28 Days to Go!

Shower #4: Mothers & Daughters!
An old school family reunion with all my County girls and second moms from growing up! Kelli and her mom, Amy, threw me a shower today that was a mother-daughter shower. Rachel nor Michelle got to come but Mom & I were there along with the two of the, of course, plus Beth & Lora, Amy & Joyce and Melissa couldn't come with Meagan, but that worked out okay since Meagan is the first of us to have her own daughter, so she had Bella with her! Jan Rader also came which was wonderful since she can't come to the wedding itself. I haven't seen her in ages so it was quite great. Emily, being in Florida, couldn't be there with her.

I don't get to see any of my highschool friends nearly as often as I'd like, so it was great to catch up. It's the first time I've met Meagan's little Bella. I hadn't seen Amy in about a year. She's looking to make a big move when she's done with dental school this Spring to continue into pediatric studies. I think it's awesome that she's looking for a change in scenery. News of Bethie's bun in the oven is out among all of the girls now. There's enough excitement from the rest of us to fill her lack thereof. It's great to still have such a close, special bond with that group even after the years apart and our lives being all over the place. Plus I have these Moms that have watched me grow up and looked after me that I feel like are now more my peers than my overseers. They are the people who helped me become who I am so that I can be at such a happy place in my life now.

As stated recently, I know my wedding day will go by in a flash, so it's nice to have these showers so you have time to celebrate the exciting times with these important people in your life.

No comments: