Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Wedding on a Budget: 41 Days to Go!

Amazing how relaxed I feel from a day of being in the house doing chores! Let me tell you about my checklist today...
  • Folded laundry
  • Ironed hanging laundry
  • Swept the kitchen
  • Scrubbed the kitchen floor (I remembered today we have no mop **hint, hint...there's a wedding gift idea for ya!**...so it was on to my hands and knees to play Cinderella.)
  • Put away more wedding gifts/Boxed up more borrowed loft kitchen "stuff".
  • Made chocolate zucchini bread (Made it from a recipe in one of the books his mom and sister got me)
  • Sauteed cabbage, peppers and onions for dinner
After doing all of that Jon was still off and away doing lots of busy outside work (More work on the bridge! You can drive over it now!), I knocked out a bunch more thank-you notes. I nearly have them all done but I just need to buy stamps so I can actually get them in the mail! I also sipped on some of the wine that Jon's parents gave to us to try for the reception. Friday I tried the Windsor Wall red and tonight the white. I think the red was a bit too sweet for me. Very good, but not what I would choose. I liked the white better.

Oh and please admire my all the pretty purple in the bathroom from all of the shower gifts. I blended in well in my skirt that Jon gave me for my birthday. He sure must love me a lot to put up with so much purple in his life!

No comments: