Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Wedding on a Budget: 38 Days to Go!

Planning for Saturday
As usual, there wasn't a lot of time for wedding progress on Driving Wednesday. However, I got to talk with both Mom and Rachel on the phone about plans for the weekend. Karen (the caterer) has a flower guy that we, as of now, are planning to get our fresh cut flowers from. He's got a weird schedule for when he's available for us to come look at flower options and basically the only time that works is he is there from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays. Oh, and I guess I should mention that he is in Lexington.

So the plan is to go scout out flowers on Saturday and while I'm in Lexington I'm going to do a make up run through and probably buy some stuff I'll use the day of. I haven't found out for sure if the salon does or doesn't do make-up but we're kind of thinking no, so I'm trying to figure out a plan. I trust Holly or Rachel to do it but I want to have an idea of what I want it to look like and I want quality products that will look nice in pictures and hold up through the day. So I'm going to either the mall Mac counter or Rachel's friend works at a salon who sells a lot of stuff so maybe there. The other thing I am still considering is seeing if Kathy Goode, who did Kelli's hair and make up for her wedding, would be willing to come up to the salon to do it and free to do so. Because, believe it or not, this isn't all just about me. I know some of the girls would prefer and find it fun to have someone else (who knows what they're doing) to do their make up and I'd like to at least give them an option.

I also need to call poor Jeannie in Junction City and tell her I won't be coming to her solo salon!

No comments: